Monday, June 1, 2009

Cowboy Wisdom



I listed some cowgirl earrings today and just for fun I looked up some cowboy lingo. I found some great cowboy sayings that I should probably heed. I suggest saying them in your best Old West accent. On to the cowboy wisdom:

Never miss a good chance to shut up.(serious note to self)

Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads.

Don't corner something meaner than you.

You can never tell which way the pickle's goin' to squirt.(this one is oddly amusing to my dirty, dirty mind!)

Always drink upstream from the herd.

Don't worry about bitin' off more'n you can chew; your mouth is probably a whole lot bigger'n you think.(hahaha!)

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Speak your mind, but ride a fast horse.(very good advice for me)

Never drink unless you're alone or with somebody.(okay, if I have to!)

Always take a good look at what you're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's good to know what it was.

Don't judge people by their relatives. (please)

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.(hmm...but that is really no fun)

Don't squat with your spurs on. (lol!)

So, yeah. I had a good chuckle at all of these. Oh, and say you want something from my shop. Well, just mention this post and maybe your fave quote here (or at checkout) and I'll give you 25% off any item. 


No comments: